Monday 11 December 2017

Tonbridge Castle

Tonbridge Castle Reputedly England's finest example of a Motte and Bailey Castle with a splendid 13th Century Gatehouse. 
 It was a very cold day. I went very early in the morning with the hope of seeing two interesting places Knole and Tombridge Castle. Both places are very interesting. I wish I had shared my impressions with the deers and the squirrels. Now I am happy to share with you. Castle surprised me. I walked into the dark room in the main gate and saw the characters depicting the life that was  in the castle. It was a charm to see this place.You can see and hear what it would have been like to be a Lord or Lady 700 years ago. Of course I had to climb the tower however I was already tired after visiting Knole but it was worth. The view from the Tomridge was beautiful. I need to add that I was alone in all castle. LOL It is so seldom to visit castle and nobody there.
 
Its story is interwoven with that of kings and archbishops, tyrants and heroes, murderers and mercenaries who, on this ancient site and inside these weathered stone walls, have helped write 900 years of English history.












 






































 


No comments:

Post a Comment