Monday 12 September 2016

MEETING in THE COTON MANOR GARDEN after 16TH YEARS

Yes we are friends and I do like to pass the day with you in serious and inconsequential chatter. I wouldn't mind washing up beside you, dusting beside you, reading the back half of the paper while you read the front. We are friends and I would miss you, do miss you and think of you very often. I don't want to lose this happy space where I have found someone who is smart and easy and doesn't bother to check her diary when we arrange to meet.

~Jeanette Winterson, Written on the Body, 1992

dedication to my lovely friend Zosia





















 In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer




















 A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. ~Donna Roberts











 If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.






 Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand. ~Emily Kimbrough










 Yesterday brought the beginning,
tomorrow brings the end,
and somewhere in the middle
we became the best of friends.








Best friends don't necessarily have to talk every day. They don't even need to talk for weeks. But when they do, it's like they never stopped talking



No comments:

Post a Comment