Monday 29 February 2016

Hengistbury Head meeting with history, wildlife, geology in England

Hengistbury Head is a fascinating place not only for  its wide variety of habitats including heathland, grassland, scrub, woodland, freshwater wetland and coastland but also for its internationally important archaeology and geology
Hengistbury Head is scheduled as an Ancient Monument.  People have been visiting Hengistbury Head for the past 12,000 years. 
There have been numerous archaeological excavations on the headland to discover
what our ancestors were doing here. By studying the evidence we can create a picture of what people were doing and what the headland looked like thousands of years ago. 
I had been there few time. My walk was started from Bournemouth where I loved to spend my time after my work. I loved walking close to beach feeling the wind in my eyes. The way takes about 1,30 hour by foot but it is very nice way to Hengistbury Head where you see the view on Isle of Wight, Christchurch and Bournemouth.
 
 
 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment