Monday 2 October 2017

Walk in the sun with views of the Seven Sisters cliffs

 

Walk and simply relax in the sun with views of the Seven Sisters cliffs. Wonderful sunny day. It was my dream very long time. Now I can be happy to walk from Seaford to Eastbourne via Seven Sister cliffs. My walking started in Seaford a quiet seaside resort in East Sussex. The plane was to go to Eastbourne. I didn't know it is possible to walk close the cliffs but I did it. The way was going very close the cliffs up and down very often what It made me so tired when I saw the view of Eastbourne. It was really wonderful walk in the sun with amazing view. I have took 400 photos of seaside. Love this view so much. I stopped and sit on the ground time to time to enjoy the view of cliffs and sea. I met a lot of very friendly people there. They were happy to help when you need that too like boys helped me to climb on the cliff when I stopped in the half of cliff. My foot couldn't move up or down slipping on the cliff. I'm very thankful them to help me to climb up. I could go ahead and see Eastbourne from the top.  




amazing view







At the eastern end of Seaford Esplanade the tower was built in 1810.
It now houses Seaford Museum

The main attraction in Seaford is the beach. This has an obvious attraction in the summer, when the sea reaches temperatures up to 20 degrees Celsius. Visitors have the benefit of parking right next to the beach if you get there early on a sunny day. But the beach and sea are equally attractive off season when it is quieter, as Seaford benefits from its sunny location in the South Coast. So fine days are a delight there, any time of year.



 


 
The town gained its importance as the mouth of the river Ouse, but this importance was not to last. The river suffered from silting, which made sea access difficult, and the town also suffered from frequent attacks by French Pirates. The town was repeatedly burned down and rebuilt in the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries. In 1539 Seaford lost its position as a major harbour, after the course of the river Ouse was altered to nearby Meeching, which was subsequently renamed New Haven. The town survived throughout the next few centuries, and regained some of its former glory after the arrival of the railway in the middle of the 19th century.












so clean water
it was dangerous to walk so close the cliffs
 
Seaford Head Golf Course
 
The Seven Sisters cliffs and the coastguard cottages


Found at the point where the South Downs meets the sea, the Sisters were created when ancient rivers cut valleys into the chalk, creating seven peaks. Haven Brow, the highest of them at 253 feet (77 metres), stands majestically to the west of her other sisters who in order are called Short Brow, Rough Brow, Brass Point, Flagstaff Point, Baily's Brow and Went Hill Brow. Under the sea at the foot of the cliffs are a number of gullies and ridges - varied marine life such as sea anemones, snails, and sponges can be found there. Now part of the Heritage Coast, an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’ and also a ‘Site of Special Scientific Interest’, the beauty of the area will be protected for generations to come

 
 




 
From Birling Gap car park, head down the steps to the beach for an excellent spot to take a glimpse into the past.

The rock pools that appear as the tide goes out are full of fish, anemones and marine creepy crawlies

 


With a south-west-facing beach, Birling Gap is one of the best spots to surf in the South East.











I thought what I need to do ; go to the bridge or cross the river over the stones. I crossed the river with my shoes. I needed to walk with wet shoes later long time. It wasn't disturb me because it was wonderful weather.


Unfortunately I had to climb to the top with wet shoes which made me slippery. Thank you people who helped me to climb to the top. It wasn't easy for me.  I didn't know what is better down or up. I choose the top and go ahead. I have done that and I was on the top of cliff. I'm happy and thankful

The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.
John E. Southard
Cuckmere Haven (also known as the Cuckmere Estuary) is an area of flood plains in Sussex, England where the river Cuckmere meets the English Channel between Eastbourne and Seaford. The river is an example of a meandering river, and contains several oxbow lakes. It is a popular tourist destination with an estimated 350,000 visitors per year, where they can engage in long walks, or water activities on the river. The beach at Cuckmere Haven is next to the famous chalk cliffs, the Seven Sisters.
At low tide, one can spot ironwork in the sea close to the river mouth. This is the wreck of the Polynesia, a German sailing ship that ran aground in April 1890 west of Beachy Head; it was laden with a cargo of sodium nitrate.


 When I was on the top of this cliff i was pretty tired climbing up but so happy to see so wonderful view.
















 Birling Gap and the Seven Sisters

The Belle Tout lighthouse (also spelled Belle Toute lighthouse) is a decommissioned lighthouse and British landmark located at Beachy Head, East Sussex close to the town of Eastbourne. It has been called "Britain's most famous inhabited lighthouse" because of its striking location and use in film and television.[2] In 1999, the Grade II listed building was moved in one piece to prevent it from succumbing to coastal erosion.


The top for dramatic views of the famous red and white-stripped lighthouse.


The dramatic 530 feet high cliffs of Beachy Head give stunning views over Eastbourne and the English Channel.



 
 The Beachy Head Pub with the splendid panoramic views over Eastbourne.








Eastbourne Pier has a variety of shops, a chippy, Waterfront cafe/bar, Atlantis nightclub, Victorian Tea Rooms, Coffee Republic, fishing and fantastic views of the English Channel.



When I came to the pier of Eastbourne I was so happy  drinking beer and chatting with nice English couple married. They where so friendly. I could rest with nice company there




I'm thankful for a pair of shoes that feel really good on my feet; I like my shoes. I'm thankful for the birds; I feel like they're singing just for me when I get up in the morning... Saying, 'Good morning. You made it.' I'm thankful for the sea breeze that feels so good right now, and the scent of jasmine when the sun starts going down. I'm thankful...


No comments:

Post a Comment